ZOLL R Series® automatically monitors and tests the complete system – electronics, batteries, cables, electrodes, and defibrillator discharge, and can notify and alert users and technical staff about problems before they affect your ability to provide care. Should something need to be corrected, it turns on the display and shows an alert that the defibrillator needs attention. An email will be sent to clinical and technical staff so a problem can be corrected. A Code- Ready defibrillator should also help the user deliver better therapy with superior technology for pacing and defibrillation. And it provides users with help performing CPR at the correct rate and depth as well as proper release. A Code- Ready defibrillator provides the highest assurance that it is ready every time it is needed. A Code- Ready defibrillator sets a new standard.
ZOLL R Series® OneStep Simplicity
Simple, ingenious solutions that simplify and speed operation under the most stressful circumstances. That’s Code-Ready. The OneStep System delivers therapy to patients with the simplest, easiest method ever designed.
- A single cable pacing, monitoring, and defibrillation without the need for a separate ECG cable.
- Monitor, pace, defibrillate, and get Real CPR Help and See-Thru CPR, using only one type of electrode. Electrodes are pre-connected and are automatically tested for an expiration date.
- A unique tube stores the cable for rapid, tangle-free application.
- Apply electrodes, turn the R Series to “Pacer,” and you are ready to provide pacing.
- Operating options include AED, advisory, and manual modes. What you want, when you need it.
ZOLL R Series® Comprehensive Readiness Checks
Problems during a code are often related to inadequate tests, compromised supplies, batteries, and missed shift checks. The R Series extends testing far beyond a basic test shock to check more than 40 individual indicators
- Comprehensive testing automatically confirms the presence of the correct cables and electrodes, senses the type of electrode, and checks important circuitry, including discharge.
- There is no need to disconnect the electrodes or paddles, or get additional test equipment to test shock delivery. The system will even detect missing or expired electrodes and provide a printed or electronic log.
- A simple indicator unmistakably communicates the defibrillator is ready, and if it’s not, a screen message tells you why.
- In the event a fault is detected, a page or email can be wirelessly generated to notify appropriate personnel.
Unmatched Clinical Excellence
Being ready also means having the best technology available for resuscitation. ZOLL R Series® is built on an industry-leading pacing technology and unsurpassed biphasic waveform.
- Unique, constant-current 40 msec pacing has the highest capture rate at the lowest average current required, assuring efficacy and patient comfort. Validated in over 4000 patients in more than 16 studies.
- High Current Rectilinear Biphasic waveform delivers the highest constant current at the optimal duration for defibrillation.
ZOLL R Series® has developed a dedicated pediatric arrhythmia analysis algorithm that can distinguish shockable versus non-shockable pediatric rhythms. This algorithm detects whether pediatric or adult electrodes are connected and automatically adjusts the arrhythmia analysis processing for a child.
OneStep Pediatric Electrode also works with the ZOLL R Series® to automatically lower the energy setting to 50 Joules, preventing accidental overdose during defibrillation. OneStep Pediatric CPR electrodes provide information on CPR depth and rate.
Real CPR Help
Good CPR is critical for effective resuscitation, so feedback to provide better CPR performance is standard on the ZOLL R Series®.
- Easy to use, the CPR sensor is incorporated in the electrodes, eliminating extra steps or cables.
- The integrated CPR sensor provides help to achieve proper compression rate, depth and release.
- Configurable visual and audio cues give feedback without excessive prompts or screen clutter.
- Real time rate, depth and release are displayed with each compression.
- The Prefusion Performance Index (PPI) provides rapid visualization of compression rate and depth to help provide better support, while the release bar indicates proper chest recoil.
- See-Thru CPR reduces interruptions by allowing clinicians to see organized electrical activity during compressions.
- All CPR performance data, as well as the entire resuscitation record with ECG, is available for review and quality assurance with ZOLL CodeNet software.
ZOLL R Series® Smart Tools
Better training and better maintenance can both help staff be better prepared for a code. R Series has a complete suite of tools to help with training and deliver cost-effective maintenance, support, and efficientasset management.
Clinical Education and Quality
Comprehensive tools support training and operation.
- Smart prompts provide users with specific guidance rather than mindless alarms.
- An on-screen tutorial allows staff to quickly familiarize themselves with defibrillator operation.
- Interactive, self-paced online training enables staff training 24/7.
- R Series wirelessly uploads code data to ZOLL CodeNet, making electronic code documentation faster and easier.
Biomedical and asset management software utilities bringsm efficiency to maintenance programs and reduces them hidden costs of defibrillator ownership.
- The SurePower battery system tests, calibrates, and captures battery information to optimize battery life and reduce costs.
- The battery indicator displays runtime, not obscure capacity percentages.
- A unique log records all messages, keystrokes, and interactions, and helps technical staff distinguish between user understanding and technical issues.
- Industry-standard (802.11) a/b/g/n wireless networking is able to send an email or page when the readiness is compromised, complete with specific information about the fault.
- Remote troubleshooting, defibrillator tracking, and centralized test records are available with the Defibrillator Dashboard.