Kapitex Trachi-Dress® is a major advance over traditional gauze and foam style dressings. Kapitex Trachi-Dress® absorbs mucus – reducing the risk of mucus sitting on the skin underneath a tracheostomy tube. Because mucus is absorbed into the body of the dressing away from the skin – skin excoriation is minimised and the risk of an infected area developing is reduced.
Kapitex Trachi-Dress® has additional benefits:
- Low profile – does not raise tracheostomy tubes from the neck
- Soft rounded edges – smooth to the skin
- Keyhole cut for easy fitting around the tracheostomy tube shaft
- Available in two sizes, small and large – the small being suitable for children
- No loose fibres on the skin contact layer which can be inhaled
- Individually wrapped in peel-pouch and sterile
- Cost effective – when compared with less expensive dressings – usage is lower
- Cost effective – when compared with more expensive dressings because unit price is lower
The construction of Kapitex Trachi-Dress®:
The dressing comprises of three layers, each of which plays an important role.
Layer One: This skin contact layer is non-adherent. The polyethylene film helps prevent tissue adhering to the dressing – thereby aiding removal when changing the dressing. This layer also helps keep the skin dry.
Layer Two: This is the absorbent layer. The middle section is constructed of viscose to ensure maximum absorbency, through capillary action which draws mucus away from the skin.
Layer Three: This viscose / polyethylene combination provides an effective seal which retains mucus within the body of the dressing.
Kapitex Trachi-Dress® Tracheostomy Dressing - Small (60 x 82) TRDRE0001
Kapitex Trachi-Dress® Tracheostomy Dressing - Large (80 x 100) TRDRE0002