Electrode adapter from 2mm to 4mm (pen/rectal probe) to connect the pen electrode or rectal stimulation probe to electrode cable with a 2 mm plug. This electrode is an accessory for use in conjunction with an electro-stimulation unit. It is indicated for:
- Symptomatic relief and management of pains
- Re-education of muscle action
- Electrical muscle stimulator devices should be used under medical supervision for adjunctive therapy for the treatment of medical diseases and conditions
Transcutaneous electrical stimulation or powered muscle stimulators should not be used on patients with cardiac demand pacemakers and/or implanted defibrillators. Use only the lead wires recommended or approved by the manufacturer.
- Inspect the skin for cuts and abrasions. Do no apply electrodes over compromised skin/
- Clean Skin and gently apply the electrode to the cleansed skin surface which is over the area to be treated. Connect the lead wires to the stimulator, followed by the electrodes, and apply stimulation with the desired intensity.
- If the patient does not sense current at expected levels, check the patient for sensory loss and verify electrode interface and lead wire connections
Electrodes and the electrode adapter from 2mm to 4mm should be returned to their re-closable bag. Store electrodes in a cool and dry place, to avoid exposure of the surface to heat and humidity.