HeartSine has taken an innovative approach to maintenance items by incorporating the AED electrodes and batteries into one single-use cartridge called the HeartSine Pediatric PAD-Pak™ (HeartSine PED-Pak™). The advantage to the HeartSine Pediatric PAD-Pak™ is that there is only one date to monitor and only one item to replace upon expiration or after use.
The HeartSine Pediatric PAD-Pak™ is suitable for use on children. For children younger than eight years or weighing less than 55 lbs (25 kg), HeartSine offers the Pediatric-Pak™. The HeartSine Pediatric PAD-Pak™ 's built-in intelligence and unique Pediatric PAD-Pak™ ensure the appropriate energy level is delivered for children.
Each Pediatric PAD-Pak™ has an industry-first four-year life, and provides 60 shocks or six hours of continuous monitoring. When battery power is down to ten shocks or less, the HeartSine samaritan PED emits an audible beep.
Two versions of the Ped-Pak are available:
- HeartSine Pediatric PAD-Pak™, pink in color, for use on patients younger than eight years of age weighing less than 55 lbs (25 kg).
HeartSine’s unique Pediatric Pak offer innovative features:
- Two parts, one expiration date: HeartSine Pediatric-Pak™ cartridge combines battery and electrode pads, with one expiration date to monitor.
- Low cost of ownership: With a shelf life of four years from date of manufacture, the Pediatric-Pak offers significant savings over other defibrillators that require separate battery and pad units.
- Protects children: The built-in intelligence of the HeartSine with the unique Pediatric Pad-Pak, which is available for children up to eight years of age weighing less than 25 kg or 55 lbs, ensure the appropriate energy level is delivered for children.
- Suitable for Automatic external defibrillators (AED) HeartSine Samaritan 350P, 360P & 500P.
HeartSine Pediatric PAD-Pak™ Specifications:
- Pediatric HeartSine Pad-Pak (Pink)
- Shelf Life: Four years from manufacture date
- Weight: 0.2 kg (0.44 lbs)
- Size: 10 cm x 13.3 cm x 2.4 cm (3.93 in x 5.24 in x .94 in)
- Battery Type: Lithium Manganese Dioxide (LiMnO2)
- Capacity: > 60 shocks at 200J 18V, 1.5 Amp Hrs
- Electrodes: HeartSine samaritan® disposable defibrillation pads are supplied as standard with each device
- Placement: Anterior-posterior (Pediatric)
- Active Gel Area: 100 cm2 (15.5 in2 )
- Cable Length: 1 meter (3.5 feet)